Sunday, September 26, 2010

Get trendy with Jeggings


I was very fond of my skinny jeans in my early college days. They were a big rage back then but as time progressed, the skinnies made way for the bootcuts and flares and while my wardrobe was being revamped with the flared and low-rise variety, my skinny jeans met its fate as a capri, then shorts and then hot pants and finally as wax strips before ending up in the dustbin laden with oodles of hot wax!!!

Fashion being cyclical, few years on, the flares lost their flair and a similar treatment was deliberated to them. Though they served well in ways more than one – compliment the tank tops better, hide the belly jelly and make definitely superior wax strips, in hindsight I shudder to think how on earth did I wore those embroidered nirvana jeans with flair (and flare ofcourse!) What goes around, comes around, they say and it holds true for fashion in equal measure. As a natural progression, the extra piece of clothing swaying at the bottom had to lose itself and transform into a leaner and trimmer cousin – the straight fit. Gradually, as size zero went on to become a obsession from a mere trend, it inspired the denims for a similar metamorphosis.

I am not a fashion victim but I do, consciously try to ‘follow’ fashion so grabbing a latest pair of skinny Levi’s Diva jeans was both a choice and a need. If you care for my opinion, I’d say it is worth every penny you put in – these are extremely comfortable, exceptionally stylish and uber-chic.


Photo : Inky Pinky
 Crystals and diamante adorning the fabric is clearly a glamorous option for buttons and rivets and the embellishment is done quite aesthetically to make it appear least garish. It’s designed to bring out the Diva in you and the silver sequined letter ‘D’ is your passport to flaunt it too!

As I sat basking in the glory of my newly acquired Diva status, the skinny jeans were apparently working overtime to transform themselves into their anorexic cousin this time around – the Jeggings. Touted as the next big thing in fashion, Jeggings are extremely skinny jeans that are styled to look like leggings. Jeggings are slated to become a fashion staple ‘cuz they are much more comfortable that the skinny jeans and offer a more modest and stylish alternative to wearing leggings as pants. However, jeggings is not a style for everyone as they they give wearers no room to hide :D

Jeggings are available at all Max stores and Lifestyle outlets across India. So while I chalk out my plan to burn that muffin top off my waist before embracing the jeggings, you go take a look at the collection in your nearest store and join me in the calorie burning endeavor. Let’s build a lean nation! ;)

P.S. For styling tips on leggings, click here

8 comments:

Unknown on September 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

hey an award is waiting for u on my blog..check it out...

Sadaf R said...

Not a fashion victim?! Cum'on... btw, I am sporting a jegging in that fb profile pic of mine ;-) Glad could dare to flaunt them 9 months after child birth...!

Inky Pinky on September 27, 2010 at 2:51 AM said...

Attagirl Sadaffi! Share a pic of ur jeggings here for the benefit of the larger audience..

@Bhumika, Thanks !!

Mili on September 27, 2010 at 3:26 AM said...

Well..Diva. I guess my 3 years old Diva is still one of my most fav so i strongly agree with you. And though i have a couple of Jeggings i never knew they are called the same. I kind of like the name. And Ana loved this one. :) Specially the wax strip part ;)

Preeti said...

as usual loved your blog..very informative for non-fashion follower like me :)

Lavanya said...

U know u have a subtle humor hidden in your writing and i absolutely enjoy reading them!!! Keep it going!! :)

Inky Pinky on September 27, 2010 at 5:52 AM said...

@Mili,Preeti,Lavanya : Thanx a lot! I'll ensure my readers will never find a single dull moment ;)

Sigrid Rahn on September 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM said...

ah! well... i got myself a straight feet so long back... some things wont fade off, cos they are neither this not that - the straight feet was neither baggy, nor skinny... so it has survived... been wearing it since the last 5 yrs... and now its so much like skin - "get aside Jockey -this is my next best thing to nakedness"!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada