Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Love Affair with Weddings


My fascination for weddings is no big secret. Having pulled a Bridezilla act myself (about which you read here), I always knew it was more than just-a-passing-phase. If not an engineer, I would definitely have been a journalist. And I even harboured a secret ambition of becoming a wedding planner! So when my growing passion for shutterbuggery gave me a chance to combine both of these and find my true calling, I succumbed. In simpler words, I combined my love for weddings, photography and journalism to pursue Wedding Photojournalism.
Photojournalism, in plain words, is a genre of photography where each picture tells a story. In new-age photography, the same concept is being applied to wedding photography and is gaining popularity by leaps and bounds. The days of the overbearing  photographers bullying you into awkward poses with your spouse on the wedding day are slowly on their way out and making way for more candid photographers who do their job discreetly and let the couple enjoy their own wedding!  

Personally, I always disliked the concept of ‘posed’ and ‘filmy’ pictures. I mean who wants to see oneself cupping her mehendi-ed hands to see a moon formation or two friends pretentiously holding ur ‘jhumka’and to top it all, such pictures are blown-up and printed into a BULKY album which gathers dust all its life (at least mine is !)

So with the wedding photography undergoing a sea change with the increasing emphasis on candid pictures and more and more new-age couples taking confident decisions for their weddings, I took a plunge in this sea (see my talent for finding apt words all the time :P) and now I’m a part of this noble effort to redefine the way we have known our wedding pictures all this while.

I publish my work under the name ‘Anamika Singh- The Memory Keeper’ (yep, that’s Inky Pinky’s real name :)). Believe me, its so much fun being a part of so many weddings, sharing the emotions, seeing pleasant smiles and moist eyes through the lens, creating beautiful memories for a lifetime AND the joy you see on their face on seeing the pictures – its PRICELESS!

All images are copyrighted by Anamika Singh-The Memory Keeper
For more of my work on wedding photography, check out my page on facebook and LIKE it if u like what u see :)

P.S. All you lovelies waiting to walk the aisle, trust me hiring a good wedding photographer can be the bestest thing you can do for urself! It can make a world of a difference to the most special moment in ur life and you will surely thank me for these $0.02 and if u need help, I'm just a call away ;)

13 comments:

Tanvi on June 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM said...

We have an artist among us!! :) i am glad you revealed your identity. Sigh! I am already married though!!!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Chandana on June 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM said...

Those are some gorgeous shots! Ill keep you in mind... and give you a call in a couple of years ;)

Inky Pinky on June 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM said...

Thank u!!!
@Tanvi: Don't lose heart. I do maternity & kids' portfolios too :)

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on June 29, 2011 at 2:38 AM said...

Dudeeeeeeeeee! Gorgeous stuff! :) I'm so so so impressed! :) Checked out your stuff on fb and liked the page! :)
Did I read you're coming to Bangalore? We should catch up!
Also, give me your email address, I'll send you a catalog of all that I'm putting up on sale and explain everything. Shoot me an email at ftlofaot@gmail.com
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Inky Pinky on June 29, 2011 at 3:17 AM said...

@A lot of Fashion : I'm so so so humbled! Thanks a ton!!
Sent u an email (my ID is ponkypinkyinky@gmail.com)

Sadaffi said...

Love your work Anny as I always have :-) Good luck with everything life has to offer and more...

Lipsy on July 1, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

There’s a difference between an attractive image and an exceptional one,your work is truly exceptional , I coudn't take my eyes off your pictures , you have given life to still images,there is a definte harmony,balance,clear lines and colours !!!Loved it!!
http://fashionquotient.blogspot.com

Inky Pinky on July 2, 2011 at 4:13 AM said...

@Sadaffi: Thanks u!
@Lipsy: Thats a huge compliment! Thanks a lot :)

anamika on July 2, 2011 at 4:41 AM said...

hey !! fab work..i too refused to pose like the way photographers wanted. it looks so artificial :P

Ann on July 3, 2011 at 1:48 AM said...

A good wedding photographer is a must... it is memories that he/she is taking ♥

Nice to know you are doing what you love...

Geeta on July 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM said...

You are so talented. Loved the wedding pictures.

Diljit on August 28, 2017 at 1:16 AM said...

Loved your work! Keep doing such wonderful thing. Candid Wedding Photography is getting very popular.

Diljit on August 28, 2017 at 1:37 AM said...

Really great work! Glad to be here again :) Candid Wedding Photography is getting very popular nowadays especially in India.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada