Friday, January 14, 2011

Holiday Tales and a Tote


First things first. A very happy new year to all you lovelies. I was MIA on the blogging front for over a fortnight as I was vacationing in Dilli ki Sardi but I’ve been missing blogging terribly. I was hoping that I’ll have exciting holiday tales to dish out but I’m afraid those are bordering on disappointing :(

My wintry excitement went for a toss the moment our flight got cancelled due to heavy fog. Train tickets that I’d booked as a backup plan came handy but I was in for a rude shock when the overnight journey was completed in double the time due to abnormal weather conditions. Landing in 2 degree celsius at 2 in the night on wasn’t really my idea of winters!

Anyhow, with our itinerary gone awfully haywire there was little we could do except eat, drink and be merry! I needed minimum 3 levels of layering to withstand the extreme cold and my winter fashion was lost somewhere between those layers. Now that I’m back to my warm snug zone and the teeth chattering and mind-numbing cold is behind me, I’ve got lot to catch up on and a series of posts to make.

Between the traveling, the dinners, and the in-laws, the holidays turned out be a stresser but the saving grace was quality time with family and a gifted Liz Claiborne Tote (about which you read here).
It’s a nice BIG carry-all tote in which I can practically carry my household, apt for a GOG (girl-on-the-go) like me and since the big, big bag is in fashion, I’m delighted to have it. The tag details read that it is from the Liz Claiborne Paige Signature Collection and comes with a 10 year warranty! The fabric is signature jacquard in a cotton/poly bend with LC initials dotting the exterior and hardware detailing is quite distinct.

It has a separate padded section for laptop which was my preference. Though a 14” laptop compartment was what I was looking for, this one can carry a 17” one which is also fine.

Apart from this, the most vital feature that I noticed in few days of usage is that it manages to fit it anything and everything from a laptop to a bulky camera to a spare set of dress and a pair of shoes and still carry it comfortly. Ok, I haven’t tried the shoe bit yet but I did fit it my fluffy jacket inside so full marks for dat! Overall, I think I like it and its just perfect for my ‘heavily loaded’ workdays.

Let me hear from you what do you think about it…

P.S. Hauling myself to the shopping malls seemed to be a difficult task in the chill but I managed it somehow. Where there’s a will, there’s a way! More posts on that coming up…Stay connected :)

12 comments:

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on January 15, 2011 at 12:50 AM said...

Love the bag! :) Too bad the cold played kill joy :(
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Unknown on January 15, 2011 at 12:52 PM said...

such a nice bag..!! loved it..

Inky Pinky on January 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM said...

I like it more now :)

Sharon on January 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM said...

the bag looks quite classy..'m lovin it :)

gayatri on January 17, 2011 at 12:46 AM said...

You have such long graceful arms :) the bag looks good on you.

www.kavisto.blogspot.com

Inky Pinky on January 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM said...

@Sharon : Thanks for dropping by & commenting!
@Gayatri: Thats quite an unexpected compliment..love it! ;)

LiveLoveDressup on January 17, 2011 at 4:53 AM said...

Beautiful bag! so elegant.

Inky Pinky on January 18, 2011 at 4:15 AM said...

Glad u liked it, Rukman!

Anonymous said...

thats one amazing bag... beautiful!!

p said...

not bad! your SIL finally gave you something useful :))

Mili on January 21, 2011 at 2:39 AM said...

I envy you...i dont have SIL ;). Fit a shoes as well and take a pic after that.

Inky Pinky on January 21, 2011 at 2:50 AM said...

Hehe..point to be noted that I also gifted back some good stuff to my SIL :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada