Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Funk


I never tire of saying “I love winters”! Well, moderate winters to be precise – not the ones which leave u bunny faced (pink nose & red eyes :)) There’s no greater joy than sitting in front of a crackling fire with your family, or snuggling up with a good book under a cozy quilt or sipping endless cups of chai and eating piping hot food with sinful amount of ghee & butter. Hailing from a winter heartland but settled in a place with maritime climate (read: Mumbai), a vacation in the north every winters for meeting family & experiencing some chill has become a tradition of sorts (the former activity driven largely by the latter!)

I’m off to Delhi this weekend for this season of Meet the Parents (his & mine –in that order) which usually makes me nervous and excited at the same time (for obvious reasons :P!) However, this year the news of unprecedented cold is making me li’l nervous and sending chill down my body already. But on the brighter side, a hope of getting a chance to don my wintry best is leaving me far more excited...

I enjoyed this long weekend to the hilt. I’d been on a shopping frenzy for last two days primarily scouting for gifts to carry home and also to arm myself for the winter fashionably. The mall hopping was both exhausting and exhilarating as I ended up picking up some stuff for myself at almost every store I shopped at, which I obviously did not need but what the heck! Its festive season and time to cheer :)

Winter clothing wasn’t on my shopping list this time around. I have accumulated a fair amount of winter clothing & accessories which can last forever considering the rate they come out of my closet. But more accessories, definitely YES!

Here are a few of my mention-worthy picks from the shopping haul
Leg Warmers - Thrift
I got a wee bit carried away while shooting :)

Cape -Globus
A cape has made a comeback this season and how!

Scarf-Shoppers Stop
 
Clutch - Cherokke
Purple is HOT this season !!!

  Doesn't this clutch look good without the chain too?

Kewl, isn’t it? And to add a dash of delight to an already fabulous day, I spotted Akshay & Katrina promoting their latest flick in one of the suburban malls and got locked inside the mall with the berserk mob. Katrina looked quite a stunner but my heart went out for Akki, looking dapper in a classic combo of white shirt & blue jeans. I couldn’t help smiling the rest of the day for reasons more than one…

P.S. How did u find my buys? Any suggestions what I can team up that black cape with? 


8 comments:

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on December 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

Black Cape with a tunic and skinnies, always works :) Or dressier, with a dress and tights :)Great stuff!
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Inky Pinky on December 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM said...

Thanks for the suggestions...will try out both :)

Mili on December 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM said...

Love your leg warmer and the pic both..lovely blog and lucky u.

gayatri on December 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM said...

first pic is so cool. that cape looks good, globus is so wow na. have fun!

Inky Pinky on December 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

Good to see the comments trickling in for the pictures ;)

@Gayatri: Globus is wow indeed but only in select items hehe

Geeta on December 29, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

I love clutches but only those that have a chain or a long handle that can hide on demand.

Rightly said - Mild or moderate winters are great. I can't handle the frost biting winters.

Happy holidays and enjoy your time off.

samridhi on January 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM said...

leg warmer r really smart and i love winters too.i m samridhi fromhttp://serenejdesi.blogspot.com/

Inky Pinky on January 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM said...

@Geeta,Samridhi: I'm eating my words after experiencing this winter :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada