Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fitness is Fun again


I was smitten by Reebok EasyTone sneakers the moment I saw their first advert of their new campaign. The gorgeous bronzed, toned thighs and calves on the lifesize posters and billboards and the tagline ‘helps tone your butt and leg with every step’ did more than just leave me drooling. No, I’m not exactly a fitness ‘freak’ and I don’t get carried away with advertisements easily but this time around I just gave in! 
The Ad that HAD me!
Even the remotest possibility of toning my bod with normal walk in those shoes was too tempting a proposition but I didn’t need another pair of sports shoes. So I went ahead and purchased a pair of Reebok Easytone sandals (Reebok EasyTone NVEE Sandals ,as the box reads) and those have been firmly on my feet for the past two weeks! “Carry the gym with you”, isn’t a meaningless tagline after all !!   
My Reebok EasyTone NVEE Sandals

In case you are wondering, what’s EasyTone all about , here’s a bit of trivia. The EasyTone technology used in these new collection from Reebok is claimed to improve muscle tone in legs upto 28%. The basis for this claim apparently is the patented sole technology which mimics walking on sand, causing a higher resistance for your legs against the floor – which makes your legs firmer – even if you are going on simple walks. These incorporate stability balls under the heels and forefoot to create a natural instability to force muscles to adapt and encourage toning. 
Increased muscle activation in butts,thighs and calves

Stability balls under heels and forefoot
Anyways, back to my EasyTones which I wouldn’t make a judgement on if they are as good as the claims but I just love wearing them as they are sooo comfy! Its like gliding on a cushion of air and that is encouraging enough to walk, walk and walk. I feel that they’ve been working my calves a LOT since Moov gel’s consumption has gone up in my home! :D

For those of you feeling inspired to make that purchase of EasyTones, I would suggest you to go ahead…its definitely a superior quality shoe in its class  but do not expect your rear end to magically morph into what you’ve seen in the ads. It might not change your body but it’ll will give you reason to walk more and stay fit. On that note I sign off and get on with my new favorite activity of the day…I’ve got miles to go before I sleep !!!

11 comments:

Radhika on May 4, 2011 at 3:09 AM said...

Now I am tempted :D

Inky Pinky on May 4, 2011 at 4:44 AM said...

Take the fitness plunge, Rads!

Natasha on May 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM said...

Anything to keep us going! I am almost tempted to buy these..I def need motivation to get up and walk/run/exercise :)

Renisha on May 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM said...

i am already following you..my display is a pic of barbie doll..& followin under the name Glamorous Barbie

Tanvi on May 6, 2011 at 5:54 AM said...

I got a pair 2 years back ... in the starting I did feel 'something' but eventually that feeling went away. They are comfy nonetheless, like you said :)

♡ from © tanvii.com
Apothica Giveaway

Crazy Blogger on May 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM said...

I think I will buy them <3

LiveLoveDressup on May 7, 2011 at 1:55 AM said...

You've totally tempted me to buy them! great review!

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on May 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM said...

I always love your write ups :D I missed them! :D Also, when I come to Bombay again, give me a list of all those places for cheesecakes :D
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Geeta on May 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM said...

The shape ups were so popular here in US a couple of years ago. I think it still is. But that's a sneaker version.

I like your sandals version better.

Fashion Bombay on May 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM said...

I'm a hardcore Nike fan, but will try these. :)

Prutha Raithatha on May 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM said...

need to go look at them at the store...im in need for new running shoes anyway

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada