Friday, October 1, 2010

Carpe Diem,baby!


That translates to “seize the day” and I did just that yesterday while indulging in the unplanned mid-week break. Such a welcome change it was from the rut of my 9-to-5 weekday life. I curled up in bed with my remote for some serious channel surfing, a luxury I get to enjoy only on weekends. I chanced upon one of my all-time favorite flicks on a movie channel which I’ll never mind watching yet one more time. I savored Runaway Bride with the same appetite as I did the first time and this movie is indeed worthy of it!


Picture Courtesy: imdb.com
 I’m sure most of you would have watched it atleast once but for the uninitiated, Runaway Bride is a movie about an attractive young woman who had been through a series of unsuccessful relationships and the thought of marriage makes her so jittery that she leaves her fiancés at the altar on her wedding day!! She’d fall in “love” with anyone who fell in love with her, and life was great until the wedding day. Then she’d run and she had done that not once but thrice! This earns her infamous reputation and the nickname “Runaway Bride” played by the gorgeous Julia Roberts. The story revolves around her and a reporter (Richard Gere) who is attempting to do a factual report on her and her upcoming fourth wedding attempt that is under immense public speculation.




The movie lives up to the expectation of romantic comedy genre and it a treat to watch…for the witty dialogues, the comic timing, the mushy feelings it evokes , the slice of life moments like her choice of eggs – scrambled, poached, sunny-side up with every new relationship and for the sheer screen presence of those two drop-dead gorgeous stars. Every time Richard Gere smiles, his crowfeet make him all the more desirable...LOL: D And when these two of favorite peeps onscreen get hitched at the end, I’m ecstatic and crave for more when they ride away on horseback as credits roll.

Highly recommended…those who haven’t watched it yet, better watch it NOW and those who have, a second or third watch will act as chicken soup for your romantic soul ! So when the opportunity comes calling, Carpe Diem, baby! :)

7 comments:

PREETI said...

I THINK I NEED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE AGAIN,I WILL ALSO RECOMEND MUSIC & LYRICS.

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on October 2, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

Its one of my all time favourites! :)
And chicken soup reminds me, watch out for my short story in the upcoming, Chicken Soup for the Indian Friend's Soul :)
XX

Follow my blog at http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Sherry Lou Studio on October 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

you have such a cute blog! i need to watch that movie!


love,
Jennifer & Sherry

Mili on October 4, 2010 at 3:05 AM said...

Very very cute :) I am gonna watch it again.

Inky Pinky on October 4, 2010 at 3:50 AM said...

Must watch and thank u all for ur lovely comments... :)))

Dimple on October 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM said...

Run away bride is my all time favorite. julia roberts looks simply gorgeous :) Nice post

Dimple on October 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM said...

Run away bride is my all time favorite. julia roberts looks simply gorgeous :) Nice post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada