Monday, November 22, 2010

Breathe away to good health


The past week has been quite eventful for me. By eventful I do not mean happening. I had been lying low for most of the time last week. My usage of the words lying low is intentional as I intend to covey multiple meanings through these two words (Don’t we just love the English language for that!). Firstly I was lying low means I was inactive on my blog – a single post in 8 days qualifies for a self –explanation. Secondly, I slipped off a staircase and lay low on my bed nursing the blue-black patches on my body and the last and final meaning of lie low is literal – I was undergoing The Art of Living course so I’d been lying low ‘breathing in and breathing out’ all of last week !

Few of my family members had undergone this course some time back and they did recommend it to me but being the lazy lump that I am, I lacked the drive to search, enroll and endure what they had to offer. However, there were a few concerns that were playing on my mind – like my ever-increasing girth on an otherwise lean frame and poor immunity (so poor that I catch cold when someone sneezes ever meters away) and even poorer stamina (I’m like a total zombie at the end of the day!). I knew the answer to all my concerns was exercising and activity but they don’t call sloth a working woman’s vice for no reason! :)

A morning of activity is often followed by several mornings of snoozing. A productive thought of practicing yoga is often greeted by several counter-productive ones. Without proper knowledge of warm-up and an experienced instructor, the effort ends before it begins. And the amount of variety of yoga available in market today makes the effort more daunting - Power Yoga , Baba Ramdev Yoga, B.S. Iyengar Yoga, Bharat Thakur Yoga, Shilpa Shetty Yoga, Kareena’s size zero Yoga and latest in the list Lara Dutta’s Yoga..phew!
A doc’s recommendation to follow the Art of Living helped me sort out the confusions in my mind. I had just a wee bit of idea that it involves breathing exercises and meditation but I decided to take the plunge (After all, we like to believe doctors are always right!) Oh boy! Was I in for a surprise! The Art of Living basic course that I enrolled for was a tedious, breath-taking (pun intended! :D) and enriching process spanning six days. It involved Yoga, Pranayam, Meditation, Detox, Diet Control, Stress Management and a host of other processes. Their most popular and proprietary process Sudarshan Kriya, is an immensely powerful healing process and detoxifies you completely and rejuvenates you in ways more than one. I’m not much of a religious person, I’m slightly spiritually inclined but my reasons for joining this course were far from spirituality. I was expecting health benefits and overall well-being from it and it did fit the bill completely.

Today, I’ve returned to work fully rejuvenated and recharged. Though the processes left me gasping for breath on a couple of days and with lack of sleep on others, I’m not complaining! Courtesy: the shine on my face and the vanishing inches on my waist. Detox did work and how !!! Now the only challenge is to inculcate the routine in my daily life which going by my past record looks like a Herculean task.

Just in case, this post has inspired you to be an Art of Living follower, go ahead and do it. It’s a sure shot way to health and stress-relief and to washboard abs too. May be shortly we can give Sheela a run for her money ;)

11 comments:

Dimple on November 22, 2010 at 6:50 AM said...

Hey hope you are feeling much better now... :) I ve a same issue with my immunity.... One of my friend recommended me Art of living program. However I was not sure whether i ll be able to follow it on a daily basis.. Hope you do... :) well written...

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on November 22, 2010 at 7:49 AM said...

Take care of your health! :) The Art of Living should do you good! :)
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Inky Pinky on November 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM said...

@Dimple: Whenever I'll lose track of my regime , I'll come back to this post for encouragement. Thanks!
@Shreya: I hope so :)

Geeta on November 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM said...

The detox sounds good. Art of Living is so popular here but I've never tried it.

Take care. Yoga can do wonders to your body.

Inky Pinky on November 24, 2010 at 4:46 AM said...

Thanks for the concern..My condition is not as bad as I made it sound :D

L.M. on November 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM said...

Hi there!! I hope you feel better!!!! This is such a nice blog, your online diary, thanks for sharing so personal things with us!!! Here is my blog for whenever you feeling like stoppin' by!Dont forget to join the prizegiveaway contest!Love from Greece!!!
http://beauty-is-within.blogspot.com/

Tanvi on November 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM said...

Let me know your thoughts on Art of Living! :)

gayatri on November 28, 2010 at 4:34 AM said...

you had me at 'shine on face' :D
good to know that you are fine now.

www.kavisto.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have to say this stuff dries and holds the curls in place for great curl

definition. I dont like that my curls were rather dry though. I'd say you must must must use the oil or some sort of moisturizer w/this product if you have thick (curly hair: type 3C) hair like mine.

Anonymous said...

I never thought it could be possible. I own about 7-9 hair straighteners from cheap to deluxe. Not one of them could

penetrate my thick, curly hair enough to do anything other than heat up the cuticle and make sizzling noises. This iron is going to change my life. I spent 700 on ionic straightening, and this iron works

better!!!! If you spend any amount of time wielding a heavy blow dryer, forget about it. I used this iron on Air-dried, curly hair. I wish I could upload a digital photo- I look like a hair commercial.

Unbelievable but true!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

My stylist recommended this product for my medium to long hair that tends to have some wave and frizz. I

have never had a flat iron, but I can successfully get the smooth, straight look I want in 7 minutes, and my hair is pretty thick. The iron heats up in one minute, and is easy to use because of its slim

design. I would recommend not starting at anything beyond the 35-40 setting to start with or you may really damage your hair. Other than that, this is a great purchase and I'm happy to have it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada