Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Juice-y Times!


My hair desperately needed a makeover (read my sob hair story here) so this weekend I decided to do something exciting with my otherwise boring straight-ish, long-ish, brown-ish hair. Mumbai’s hip and funky Juice Salon opening near my place could be more than a coincidence; I like to believe its universe’s conspiracy (a la Paulo Koelho)! Though Juice has been working its magic on the celebs and plebs of Mumbai for years now, I never really got to experience it for the lack of drive and energy to commute far distances. So when their new salon opened at closer distance, it got me all excited and eager to try out this ‘Juice’!
Juice, for those who don’t know, is one of India’s trendiest salon with branches in Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Dubai and cater to the beauty needs of celebrities and fashion forward folks alike. Juice has been in existence for over a decade and it shot to fame particularly when its ex co-owner Adhuna Akhtar (Farhan Akhtar’s wife) worked her magic on ‘Dil Chahta hai’ cast giving birth to a nation of spikes and goatees !The dream run of cult hairstyles and look makeover continues to rage on ever since which has catapulted Juice as a brand synonymous with extremely stylish, funky, international and cool!

A cloud of not-so-pleasant experiences in the past continues to reside in my memory and plants a seed of doubt whenever I think about trying out a new salon. I stepped into the newly opened Juice Salon with the same frame of mind but all doubts vanished in thin air looking at the swanky interiors and the level of professionalism.
A bunch of energetic young stylists greeting and welcoming you sends out positive vibes and it did make my maiden visit a pleasant one. When asked during the consultation what I wanted to get done, “a makeover”, pat came my reply with the risk of sounding like a wannabe-cum-desperate 30-something! Before my hair stylist could roll her eyes in confusion, I added with a grin, “a haircut”. In return she offered me three choices of stylists and their respective charges – junior level, middle level and senior level. Without hesitating I chose the senior level hair stylist to wave the magic wand.

Contrary to my belief that such upmarket Mumbai salons charge a bomb for their services, the haircuts were reasonably priced at 500, 700 and 800 bucks for junior, middle and senior level stylists respectively. And shampoo, conditioning and blow dry come complimentary. Now isn’t that deal a steal?!! (I’m getting good with rhyming :))

So the ordeal started with me snuggling into an uber-comfortable backwash with a back massager to get my already washed hair another wash with professional hair care products as the massage chair continued to work its spell on me. In the meantime, Ms. Senior Stylist introduced me to hair spas and TIGI’s range of hair care products but that’s a story for another day. After the wash, I was seated into their chic-looking hair lounge and my stylist took a brief from me of what I’m exactly looking for and it read:

• Wash-n-wear cut

• Layered with a slightly long fringe

• Retain the length

• Make it look voluminous

And with that I left it to my stylist in whose hands lie my looks and locks. She went snip,snip,snip as I looked on my hair transform. After a good 20 minutes of showcasing the power of her scissors , she wielded the blow dry with élan. A round brush here and a paddle brush there.. EE-I-EE-I-O. After lot of gushes of hot air and movements of brushes all over, she brought her hands to rest and Voila, I had indeed transformed into a much younger looking and more stylish self!!
Just when I was about to leave after getting myself snapped by my stylist, they offered me another freebie on nail care and with that a cross-selling of their unique nail care services that included a wine manicure. Wine Manicure?!! With that they just secured another appointment on their calendar very soon…

P.S. Highly recommended by Pink Diaries :)

16 comments:

Radhika on December 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM said...

Oh wowww...am waiting to read your review on the wine manicure :D :D

Inky Pinky on December 8, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

Sounds tempting, isn't it ? :)

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things on December 8, 2010 at 6:50 AM said...

Oh I hear great reviews of Juice from my friends in Bombay all the time..so glad you tried it out and it worked for you! :) Your hair looks nice, why don't you post a clearer picture?
XX

follow my blog at http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com
Enter my big fat sony ericsson giveaway!

Dimple on December 8, 2010 at 7:25 AM said...

Wow !!! Juice sounds very tempting :P Wish they open a branch here in chennai very soon... Your hair looks beautiful..

Rashmi said...

wow thats a cool looking juicy hair style. Ms senior stylist has done a good job i shuld say...Looks like juice salon got publicity thru' ur blog dear!!!

gayatri on December 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM said...

oh you are looking fab!

Inky Pinky on December 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

Thank u ladies! Glad u liked my new look :)
@Shreya: Unfortunately I had only this pic taken from a camera phone. Need to upgarde to an android sooner ;)

Geeta on December 8, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

You look gorgeous. I like the interiors of the salon as well.

Inky Pinky on December 9, 2010 at 1:17 AM said...

Thanks Geeta !

Amrita said...

Wowww... Nice to read.. n more over am now dying to try...

Tanvi on December 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM said...

I got a hair cut there 5 years back and loved it. Great review and I am glad you are happy with your new look! :)

Geeta on December 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geeta on December 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM said...

Thanks for following my blog. I follow yours via Bloglovin.

Mili on December 18, 2010 at 2:33 AM said...

Aha nice :).

Mili on December 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM said...

yes loved your haircut...you should put more pics in this blog.

Inky Pinky on December 18, 2010 at 6:45 AM said...

@Mili: Thanks! Suggestion well-taken..will execute soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Pink Diaries Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada